It would certainly be easy to screw up a parry against one of these.

--
David

On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 at 21:43, John Paul Bakshoian <shadowhex@earthlink.net> wrote:
Hi Joe,

I sent this to both email addresses, but it didn’t show up on the site archive.

Just checking on the status.

- John Paul

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
Subject: Re: Flail weapons over shields
Date: June 21, 2019 at 12:51:51 PM GMT-4
To: John Paul Bakshoian <shadowhex@earthlink.net>

Contributed to the email list or the wiki?  The post below makes me think it's
for the email list, postable by emailing to tft@brainiac.com.  Any member can
post.

Joe

On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 23:53:25 -0400
John Paul Bakshoian <shadowhex@earthlink.net> wrote:

Joe, its been ages since I contributed.  I’ve forgotten how to do it.  Do I email you and then you post it for me?

- John Paul

All that talk last month about hooking enemies, got me to thinking about pole and chain weapons.

Historical Question:  How were morning stars and flails used in ancient times?

What Stat would a one handed morning star have?

What Stat would a pole-arm flail have?

How would they work in combat?

Would they overcome a shield?  How?

Would a flail type weapon need to take 1 turn to recover?

- Hail Melee,
John Paul