[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Flail weapons over shields
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Flail weapons over shields
- From: David Bofinger <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 22:45:38 +1000
- Authentication-results: mail.brainiac.com; dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=gmail.com firstname.lastname@example.org header.b="b2qNxDcD"
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=WljMdfaI4bTfegjHWUpzRCOLSJKWtKVpuGJSptFrOS8=; b=b2qNxDcDBuyguCCL9rFFJtGjTiHfylIh4MiBX7Hl4eWJqDN9a1NoNSC43Y1qA2khAy Zjm/RZ4db8nx0DM4JjOwzm+H/yUYVWmYaCLf3WniawTbkzyF81l5B9yixQUg6k0cEK1l 4NU/1bIgsRR1FEI512i+CkJDMLjtGoycB5em012u9yIJq4Ppx8vMcCikwQrNqIdou1/Y /l5ES6XyIQLM65UP3ZCql/TpETDoLjlOaRoHDIXofWkjD7+oqjzWyBHyK/UcC2Uwpbcb vEVgPCoPQQniYjfpOnGvzkzLY3F9R8Z0GAR7jfsw//xhdRFWyQHbXxEZR2P5ulxvs4yH CLGA==
- In-reply-to: <66314552-C78F-43EC-AA63-8148C6AA0F34@earthlink.net>
- References: <email@example.com> <66314552-C78F-43EC-AA63-8148C6AA0F34@earthlink.net>
I've heard it said that the weapon would be kept in continuous motion and would be slow to get moving again. That could be taken to mean that the weapon would need a recovery turn only after a hit?
The Wikipedia page suggests weapons of this type were rare, so they shouldn't be too good.
It would certainly be easy to screw up a parry against one of these.
I sent this to both email addresses, but it didn’t show up on the site archive.
Just checking on the status.
- John Paul
Begin forwarded message:
Subject: Re: Flail weapons over shields
Date: June 21, 2019 at 12:51:51 PM GMT-4
Contributed to the email list or the wiki? The post below makes me think it's
for the email list, postable by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Any member can
On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 23:53:25 -0400
John Paul Bakshoian <email@example.com
Joe, its been ages since I contributed. I’ve forgotten how to do it. Do I email you and then you post it for me?
- John Paul
All that talk last month about hooking enemies, got me to thinking about pole and chain weapons.
Historical Question: How were morning stars and flails used in ancient times?
What Stat would a one handed morning star have?
What Stat would a pole-arm flail have?
How would they work in combat?
Would they overcome a shield? How?
Would a flail type weapon need to take 1 turn to recover?
- Hail Melee,
Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Without deviation from the norm, "progress" is not possible. - FZappa