[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Counters of Mind Blowing Awesomeness, also from Rick Smith
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Counters of Mind Blowing Awesomeness, also from Rick Smith
- From: Joe Hartley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 20:07:39 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=brainiac.com; s=default; t=1597363661; bh=gfQmGmD0dlhqwJ51PkMNFOTVVUI4dfT7lTC3BVOpD6M=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:In-Reply-To:References; b=G6ou6G8FYhVshowkK4PSK79qU+nbij1aoy96H6LLBL/t9chbTZAc/227wZ0FvL2zS UHthQLTs0mQkiS8siqsUc1t0fPyFUfYy0GEM+5iomsNgp7ExBS2zwe/yHge/WAEdEZ WJ0Jft/KmfZ+PAbD0wNARD7JMgFoy3Ty75YdAgwg=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It's been a long time since I got a package that brings up the joy that
I got opening Rick's envelope. It brought back that time when it was much
more difficult to share information, with all levels of duplication
appreciated. (I recently looked through a stack of old mimeographed 'zines,
all faded and lost now.)
We've been able to easily exchange all sorts of information for a while now.
Hell, this list is old enough to drink in the USA. Being able to share some new
take on the rules of a game, finding a new complex character, or a new
adventure that could be played through these self-published 'zines was a
breakthrough of its own, and brought an excitement of its own. Especially
when you had to wait weeks or even months for your next fix!
Thanks for sharing this trove, Rick.
Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - email@example.com
Without deviation from the norm, "progress" is not possible. - FZappa