Re: Cidri

There's nothing that Metagaming or Steve has written that says Cidri is a ringworld or any other peculiar shape.

There have been various player discussions of various theories, of course.

I have problems with ringworld or "inside of a sphere" theories because I'd want some good explanation about how the sky looks and how/why that is. The natural appearance of a ring-shaped world where centripetal force is used for gravity, would be that you'd see the ring in the sky above. And many other practical issues that all have me say nope. Some GM's have come up with ideas that satisfy them, though.

My own theory is that, since there have been so many Cidri campaigns where GM's have made various different choices about astronomy, number of moons, stars, etc, and many of which even have various somewhat different versions of Elyntia and/or Ardoniraine and surrounding lands, and so on, and are invited by ITL to do whatever they want ad infinitum (and also because I think being one gigantic ball planet would also have many practical issues I don't want to rationalize), is:

I theorize Cidri as a collection of a large (and possibly growing) number of worlds, many of which are somewhat connected by gates or other M'noren devices. So they can naturally have different numbers of moons, different other properties, have some similar areas which are otherwise different, and so on. Some of them might even be magical or imaginary planes, or who knows what.

And for every actual world, there could be countless cosmological theories, many of them held as truth by various people. Hyberius Plork may be convinced he's proved Cidri is an 8-dimensional Dyson Moebius Strip... ok... Vebb The Brilliant is equally certain he knows it's a Turtle World.