(TFT) Welcome!

Hello to all on the new TFT list!  I started playing Melee when it first
came out back in '77 or so, and had purchased as many of the Metagaming
titles I could at that time.  I'd had many enjoyable hours playing Melee
and Wizard while I was in high school, but had never been able to find
those elusive Advanced titles, or any of the other TFT titles other than
a few of the Microquests.

Fast forward about 10 years, when I got my nephew hooked on RPGs through
Melee and Wizard.  When he'd stay over for a week in the summer, we'd
run through a Microquest, and had great fun.

Jump ahead again to the present day.  I'd needed an obscure subject to
test out a program that performed thorough web searches, and my eyes fell
on the old Micros on the shelf.  I figured that a few obscure games from
a company that's been out of business for 15 years or so would surely
be obscure enough!  Well, that search led me to the microgame mailing list,
and as I talked and read more about it, and as an extra consulting job
gave me a little free cash, I decided to try to pick up where I left off
and aquire the rest of the TFT catalog.  2 months later, I'm almost there,
needing only Forest Lords of Dihad to complete the collection.

This all would have been just obsessive collecting, though, if it hadn't been
for PBEM.  I've run through a couple of rounds of basic Melee and Wizard,
and I remeber why I enjoyed this so much, and the ability to keep it all
on the computer rather than pushing cardboard chits around makes it more
fun than ever.  It also solves the problem I had for many years - finding
willing players!  I probably would have been deeper into gaming as a
hobby overall if I'd been able to find opponents on a more regular basis
over the years.

I'm definitely up for some PBEM games!  While I've got virtually no experience
with the Advanced TFT modules, I'd be happy to ramp up to it.  And I'd also
like to DM a Microquest - I think that it would be workable with either one or
two people playing the gang of four, while the DM plays all the opponents.

At any rate, thanks for joining up; 24 hours after I announced the list,
we've got over 20 folks on board, which surprises (and pleases) me quite
a bit.

        Joe Hartley - jh@brainiac.com - brainiac services, inc
 PO Box 5069 : Greene, RI : 02827 - vox 401.539.9050 : fax 401.539.2070