Re: (TFT) Late era TFT adventures (fwd)

I've taken the opportunity to remove the HTML from this message and re-post
it.  I'd like to remind everyone that this is an HTML-mail-free zone!
Drop me a line at jh@brainiac.com if you're unsure how to turn this off
in your mailer.  Thanks!

David Ferris a écrit:

> Okay, now we're cooking.
>
> Several folks have already mentioned a couple of TFT adventures from
> Metagamings last days and after: Forest Lords of Dihad, and Warrior
> Lords of Darok. Who made these and when?

Below, you'll find the info on both those publications.  In a note to me yea
these many years, Walter Hunt clarified a few points about the
Gamelords/Metagaming relationship.  This excerpt is from one of my Metagaming
pages at my previously mentioned web site:

     In private correspondence dated 03JAN1993, Walter Hunt
     (hunt@inmet.camb.inmet.com) said:

          ...do you have the two books we (Gamelords) did after Howard
     cancelled the contract? The other two pieces of
          the TFT series were altered to become City of the Sacred Flame and
     Within the Tyrant's Demesne.

     With respect to Gamelords (and the fact that I thought they had mutated
     into Digest Group), Walter replied 05JAN1993:

          >I thought Gamelords became Digest Group...or am I mistook?

          Mistook. What was left of Gamelords was to be transferred to Tadashi
     Ehara (Chaosium) in 1986, but he was
          supposed to pay some money for us to write the rest of Haven, as
     well as some other stuff. No money, no
          supplementary writing. Glub glub glub, lost beneath the waves.

          The two main principals of Gamelords were Rich Meyer and Kerry
     Lloyd. Rich and I are close friends and have
          co-operated on several works under the name Adventure Architects; we
     wrote the original MechWarrior system.
          Kerry died in 1988.

Note that I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of each of City of the Sacred
Flame and Within the Tyrant's Demesne, which were eventually changed to
concord with another game system, Haven something.  I can't find them right
now, so I can say which game system they were eventually tied to.

Michel

For a "canon" list of Metagaming games, including TFT, check out:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/8738/metagaming2.html

----------------------------------------------------TITLE: FOREST-LORDS OF
DIHADPUBLISHER: Gamelords
YEAR: 1982
TFT MODULE
CODE: N/A
PRICE: $4.95
PACKAGE: booklet
GAME SCALE: Man-to-man

KAROTH AWAITS. The great mutant bear of the eastern wastes roams the
wilderness of Dihad, on a reign of terror that will not end until some party
of intrepid adventurers finds the means to kill or control the beast. And
Karoth is far from the strangest thing lurking in the rich forests and streams
of Dihad... Here, too, you'll meet Aril Malus, the self-styled Keeper of the
Forests and his sworn enemy Morkash the Desecrator; Emil Jaggoh, the wily head
of the Hadite government's secret espionage network, the Ebony Band; rugged
loggers and woodsmen of all stripes; and scores of other residents and
transients through the Land. Players can visit Kindler's Glade, the wildest
frontier town this side of the Old West, dare the swift currents of the
Thunder River, or try their own hand at hunting the great beasts of the
wilderness - all against a backdrop of political intrigue and high magic.
FOREST LORDS OF DIHAD is part of THE LAND BEYOND THE MOUNTAINS, a complete
campaign universe for use with THE FANTASY TRIP being jointly developed and
published by Metagaming Concepts Inc. and Gamelords Ltd. Each campaign pack in
the series is designed to stand alone as an independent set of encounters and
scenarios to test the mettle of any experienced TFT adventurer. Combined with
the other releases in the series, these adventure supplements will will form a
vast and changing mosaic of a world in the midst of a chaotic struggle for
survival, where riches and power await the adventurer who is both wise and
brave. PLAYABILITY: For 2-8 intermediate or advanced level players and a
moderately experienced Fantasy Master. COMPONENTS: 32 page rules booklet with
17x11 full color map. REQUIRES: In addition to this book you must have THE
FANTASY TRIP booklets IN THE LABYRINTH, plus either the ADVANCED MELEE and
ADVANCED WIZARD booklets or the MICROGAMEs MELEE and WIZARD to play this
adventure.

CREDITS
Designer: Richard Meyer
Editor: Kerry Lloyd
Graphics: Vicki Wyman, Larry Shade, Wallace Miller, Michael Watkins
Components: Module

-----------------------------------

TITLE: WARRIOR LORDS OF DAROK
PUBLISHER: Gamelords
YEAR: 1982
TFT MODULE
CODE: N/A
PRICE: $4.95
PACKAGE: booklet
GAME SCALE: Man-to-man

A WARRIOR'S PARADISE. The Province of Darok is no place for the refined,
urbane sophisticate. It's a primitive paradise, where brute strength and
fighting prowess are viewed as the true measure of a man. A place where a bold
and fearless warrior can gain great influence or prestige, or even enter the
test of challenge combat to become commander of all Darok. Darok welcomes the
brave, cowards begone! Although warriors rule the province, there are many
other exciting groups of characters to be encountered in Darok. There's the
cult of Akhora, the worshippers of the god of war and fire who control the
practice of magic in the province. It's even whispered that the seductive
Akhoran High-Priestess Aleth-aan has enchanted the king. Or you might meet the
rugged clansmen of the plains, who make their living by capturing and breaking
the wild horses found there. In this book, players can journey to fabled
Skytop, to find and tame one of the great winged steeds that reside there --
join a trail drive across the Plains of the Stallions -- or hunt for buried
treasure in the war-torn borderland. WARRIOR LORDS OF DAROK is part of THE
LAND BEYOND THE MOUNTAINS, a complete campaign universe for use with THE
FANTASY TRIP being jointly developed and published by Metagaming Concepts Inc.
and Gamelords Ltd. Each campaign pack in the series is designed to stand alone
as an independent set of encounters and scenarios to test the mettle of any
experienced TFT adventurer. Combined with the other releases in the series,
these adventure supplements will will form a vast and changing mosaic of a
world in the midst of a chaotic struggle for survival, where riches and power
await the adventurer who is both wise and brave. PLAYABILITY: For 2-8
intermediate or advanced level players and a moderately experienced Fantasy
Master. In addition to this book you must have THE FANTASY TRIP booklets IN
THE LABYRINTH, plus either the ADVANCED MELEE and ADVANCED WIZARD booklets or
the MICROGAMEs MELEE and WIZARD to play this adventure.

CREDITS
Designer: Richard Meyer and Kerry Lloyd
Graphics: Vicki Wyman, Larry Shade, Wallace Miller, Michael Watkins.
Components: Module

<<  End forwarded message

        Joe Hartley - jh@brainiac.com - brainiac services, inc
 PO Box 5069 : Greene, RI : 02827 - vox 401.539.9050 : fax 401.539.2070