Re: (TFT) Re:copyrights

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, J. McGuire wrote:

> At 10:05 AM 7/16/98 -0600, you wrote:
>
> >Technically, if I create an adventure, I have to be present when
> >the adventure is being played.  Otherwise, I have distributed
> >the adventure and therfore violated the copyright of the RPG
> >owner.
>
> Please document that in law -- not in Rob Repp's rantings. Because the
> latter are the *only* place I've ever seen that position taken.

I suppose I was being overly tight in this, Jean.  If I give
or loan an item to one person, then I haven't distributed it.
If I give it to 2 or more, I have.  I don't know who Rob Repp
is - I was just going by the definition of distribution.

>From the Random House College Dictionary:
distribution, n.  ... 8) the delivery or giving out of an item
or items to the intended recipients, as mail, newspapers, etc.
... 10) the marketing, transporting, merchandising, and selling
of any item.

>From this definition, if I give something to a group of people,
I have "distributed" it.  This definition would seem to apply
to anything uploaded onto the 'Net.

Dan