Re: (TFT) After TFT

Brad Thurkettle at ThurkettleB@mojo.com.au on 8/17/98 12:21 AM said:

>What system did you go onto after TFT and why?

Well, y'all KNOW what system *I* went to... :)

In truth, I didn't sit around waiting seven years for Greg Poehlein to
finish PlainLabel. In there somewhere we found time to write (and have
our professsional lives almost completely absorbed by) FASA's original
Star Trek RPG. I also spent a LOT of time playing TSR's original Marvel
Super Heroes. (Gee, most of the systems I spent most of my past gaming
time with are gone, now...)

I did a little GURPS in the early days, but it went more into the
"detailed and rigid description of reality" route and I wanted to go more
into the "fast and fun and uncomplicated" vein. I still love GURPS for
what it is, but I can't say I play it with any sort of regularity.

By the time both Star Trek and Marvel were pretty much gone, Greg and I
were well into PlainLabel in various preliminary forms. I've played a LOT
of systems, but that's where my "house campaigns" have been in recent
years, for the most part.

And since PlainLabel was heavily influenced by TFT, that does seem to
bring us around in a circle, so to speak...

Guy McLimore / guymc@evansville.net
MC+ Creations Game Design and Consulting
http://bounce.to/mcplus