RE: (TFT) Re: Quick Poll

>    BTW, Runequest uses a system tha allows for partial armor and hit
>locations that is similar to what I was trying to do on my own for ITL.

>I hated it that a shield took only two points awat from an arrow.  It
>should either stop the arrow or let it through.

The problem with most armor rules is that the shield is classed as armor
and covered under the armor rules, when in fact it is used like a
parrying weapon.  Shield parries shouldn't be automatic, but should be
relatively easy.  The larger the shield, the easier, but with various
encumbrance penalties eventually overcoming the benefits of larger
shields.

	Dave Boyd