(TFT) Microquests

>From: jh@metheny.brainiac.com (Joe Hartley)
>
>MicroQuests - which ones have you played?  Which ones did you like most?
>Least?  Did you play them solitaire exclusively, or use them as a basis
>for a fuller RPG experience?

Oh, that's a worthwhile discussion! I did Death Test 2 and Silver Dragon as
solos, when I was first discovering TFT about 15 years ago. I think those
were the only Quests I had for a long while. Picked up the rest of them
during my brief lapse into game-collector mentality, an ailment I've
thankfully overcome. :-) After that time I played Orb Quest, I believe, as
a GM'd "adventure" for friends. That was after we'd spent years on Hero and
GURPS, so going back to TFT was a worthwhile change of pace.

Last year I ran Grailquest as a GM'd adventure for another couple buddies.
No quotation marks, since this one is a real adventure in its own right,
rather than the combat frameworks of the others. It was a great success. I
made a few modifications, some deliberate, some seat-of-the-pants. My
players are the sort of roleplayers that are in it for the storytelling
aspect, and weren't especially amused when both of their Knights died
partway through. We made it through, though. :-)

-MJ