Re: (TFT) Microquests

Daniel Tulloh <daniel@jaws.greatwhite.com> wrote:
> Well, at their heart, all they relly are are sets of battles as
> you say.

Of course this is true, but the stories (and goals) of the other MQ's
isn't as weak.  In GrainQuest, for example, there's the whole problem
of suzzling through clues to find the Grail.  I'm still trying to figure
out whether I made the right decision when confronted with the "Grail lies
to the north, find it by travelling south" decision.  (Please don't tell me
what it means!!!)

> ... having to hunt for the exit adds some doubt as to the
> survivability of the characters.

That's certainly one way to do it!  I ran at least one DT where, since
you know that the exit's to the east, every move was to the east.  Perhaps
north or south to keep the path from being a straight shot east, but there
was no backtracking to hit additional rooms.  Relocating the exit each time
would make that interesting!!