Re: (TFT) Bored of the Rings (was Up the Creek)

"Philip Wiles" <PAW@merichem.com> wrote:
> TIM Benzedrine!  That's it.....I guess I'm mixing up my epic characters.
>
> Do I smell a new TFT Microquest here?

Funny you should mention that.  As I've been reading the list's opinion
of the various MQ's, I realized that most folks feel that GrailQuest is
the only excellent one out of the bunch, so I've been thinking of
attempting one of my own.

While I wouldn't be using a straight rip-off of either BotR or Pratchett's
Discworld, it would be a lot closer to that flavor than a dead-serious
game.  When I re-re-reread Tolkien a while back, the lack of humour struck
me.  There are scenes of merriment, like Bilbo's party, but nothing ever
seems _fun_.  I think that tone has held in almost every fantasy-based
RPG scenario published.  There are exceptions, sure, but I think there
need to be more!

One of these days...