Re: (TFT) Masters of the Amulets

The Maverick <themaverick@volcano.net> wrote:
> Joe Hartley wrote:
> >
> > I think that's actually one of the lures of fantasy literature - it is a
> > simpler time, with good and evil more clearly defined and with serious
> > involvement required in a fight!
>
> You've obviously never had someone shoot at you...  can't get much more
> seriously involved in a fight than that!  ;-)

Actually, I have, and you're right, but I think there's also the remoteness
of a shooting, especially from a random encounter - what are the stats on
a mugger? - that has caused some problems.  With a sword, you usually end
up with gore up to your elbows!

An odd thought occured to me - TFT for an urban gang setting with occasional
drivebys and -DX adjustments for crack effects.  I gotta cut down on the
caffiene after 8:00 PM!