(TFT) Coming soon to Microgame HQ/Museum

RARE (really!) METAGAMING ITEMS COMING TO THE MICROGAME HQ/MUSEUM

After spotting the designer's prototype copy of Fury of the Norseman on
EBAY, I started an e-mail discussion with the seller (designer Kevin
Hendryx.)  This ended up with my placing a high bid on the item (don't
ask how high...  ok, it is item number 69804739.)  Anyway, I learned
that Kevin had some other old "stuff" from his days at Metagaming which
I acquired as well...  here's a summary of the items that I hope to soon
place on the Microgame web pages:

> I do have a copy of Fantasy Master's
> Guild Newsletter No. 1, tho'.  I don't know how many of these were ever
> released or how many issues there were.  This one is dated Nov. 1981 and
> consists of 8 typeset pages, stapled and folded for mailing.

Those of you who have seen my want list might know how long I have been
looking for one of these...  I was ready to believe that they didn't
exist (even though comments in Interplay clearly state that it was being
sent out.)

> OTHER STUFF:
>
> Company Promotional items:
>
> *1981 MG product catalog
>
> *1 ballpoint pen, "Find the Treasure of Unicorn Gold and win $10,000" in
> gold letters on a yellow body
>
> *2" round button, "Unicorn Gold" on yellow
>
> *Unicorn Gold envelope stickers -- three unpeeled, on original backing
> sheet; gold foil, black lettering.

Has anyone (besides Guy) ;-) ever seen these??

> *large MG retail poster, 1981; 16" x 22"  and shows game covers to Air
> Eaters Strike Back, and the MetaHistories #1-3 (Hitler's War, Trojan War,
> what was that other one?  Naval warfare, Command at Sea, something like
> that; this is what I get for not writing it down yesterday), plus ad copy.
>
> *What I will, for lack of a better term,  call the "Metagaming Papers"-- a
> collection of about 120 pages of original documents from 1981-82,
> consisting in the main of: company production memos; Howard Thompson's
> business card; a CIDRI rune card; playtest reviews of submitted freelance
> designs; MG release forms and internal company forms; GRG letterhead;
> photocopies of game industry publications relating to MG; crazy letters
> from would-be game designers or people who thought they'd found the
> Unicorn; souvenirs and office cartoons from the staff; misc. internal
> documents.   Just a stack of memorabilia and behind-the-scenes info.

After I receive these items I will share a more complete description of
them and post some scans online.  Ok Metagaming fans, quit drooling on
your keyboards!  ;-)

the Mav

--
THE SPACE AND FANTASY GAMER'S GUIDE  http://www.brainiac.com/micro/sfgg/
 Limited edition index to the 1980's gaming magazines Space Gamer,

 NOW AVAILABLE!  Contact themaverick@volcano.net to order your copy.