(TFT) An adventure

Hello everyone,
Here is the first installment of the Thorsz adventure that I gave the
background a few months ago.  The players are suppost to build
a couple of bridges and a fort in an area where patrols have been
going missing.  The Thorsz is planning to flood a valley to
interfere with the enemies' movements...

	The parties moving farthest from the Century set
out first so our thon is one of the first groups to leave. We
travel past the big dam they are building.  More than 200 peasants
are carrying baskets and wheelbarrows of dirt, while a smaller
group of dwarves supervise the stone facing on both sides of
the slope.  The summer is very hot, and the small lake growing
behind the dam still has not reached more than a meter or so in
depth.
	Dimholt the dwarf is loudly arguing about the slope
of a 'spillway'when we pass.

	A few additional woodcutters are attached to the
thon to be escorted to the far end of the lake.

	Once we enter the woods our Padrone Gibeah
orders us into a scouting thon marching order, despite not
expecting to see any hostiles for several days.  Galendaar the
elf generally acts as ranger, moving ahead and to the sides of
the Thon in an irregular pattern.  It is eery how quietly and
softly he moves, and he is very hard to track.
	Padrone Gibeah is very fast, and does a bit of
scouting on his own.  His major job is keeping the peasants
moving at a reasonable pace.
	Merrick is better at dealing with the wilds of the cities
rather than the woods so he is assigned as point man for the
thon proper.
	The druid Pak Nadersong, moves happilly and
easilly thru the woods.  His strange accent causes some
amusement amongst the workers, and several times he slows
down to tell one of this long winded complicated stories. He
does not slow too much, usually the peasants are puffing from
trying to keep up with him long enough to hear the end of the
tale. He has a pet ferrit called 'Perrot' can be seen riding in a
pouch around his waist, or scampering thru the under growth.
It seems a charming little animal.

	At other times, Pak trades off with the wizard
Galendaar.

	Seven other fighters form up ahead and behind
the peasants.

	As we move deeper into the woods, the quiet
begins to emphasize the distance from civillization.  This
has been a very dangerous area, and more than one
scouting group has dissapeared for good.  The dust hangs
heavy in the heat and visibility is usually less than 40
meters in the undergrowth.  Occationally we hit a swampy
area but these are pretty much all dried up.

	The peasents chatter away, making far too much
noise. They curse and shout at the occational bug bite and
swear at the Swordmoss.

	That night we set up camp. Heavy guards patrol
just outside the camp, or crouch motionless looking for
movement.