(TFT) TFT: The UnderEarth modules

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Steffen <wsteffen@pcc.net>
Date: Thursday, April 01, 1999 3:44 AM
Subject: Re: (TFT) : My search for games

>On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:43:03 -0000, you wrote:
>>>>
>>>Does anyone have comments on Dragons and Lords of Underearth?
>>>Are they worthwhile to pick up? Do they add much to the rules?
><<snippage>>
>
>I don't know what Dragons is... is it an ITL related product?
>The only use I ever got out of Lords of the Underearth was the map.  I
>used it as the map for my very first dungeon.  I never did figure out
>what it had to do with ITL other than a fantasy theme and a common
>publisher...

>From what some replies told me and from reading the complete list and
info on TFT and related products from the list homepage, it looks like
the UnderEarth products were an attempt to formalize and clean up the
TFT stuff (like correcting a first draft?) and lay the groundwork for a
unified campaign and FRP system. The Dragons of UnderEarth had all
the expanded rules and campaign stuff while the first module :Lords" was
the intro with the small combat rules and settiings.
(hope I interpreted that right, oh well, the list devotees will correct me
if
I messed it up)
You "might" say it was meant to replace(?) TFT eventually or be used as
a better referenced companion to it. I'll know more when my just-ordered
copies of both of them arrive.

<snip>
>Anyway, my question would be to ask if there are any TFT campaigns
>running in the Chicagoland area?

Can't help you with that one. I'm just starting to look for players in the
Halifax, N.S. area myself.

Mack Brewer