(TFT) Greff's Journal, 6th day.

	The morning of the 6th day from dam a huge
thundercloud could be seen to the west.  I figured there
would be a blast because even in the morning light I
could see the green - black undersides of the clouds.

	Galendaar cast healing spells on all of us,
to fight infection and let us heal even if we were
working hard.  He was pretty tired after that and the
Padrone told him to take it easy while he and some
guys took a look around.  I think that is a good idea,
its dangerous not to know the lay of the land.  The
hills overlooking us to the north worry me.

	The Padrone took Lance, Merrick and
that Druid on the scouting expedition.  They were
going to look over the area where that druid lost
Chroe and made friends with the ghost.  He left
Galendaar in charge here.

	Rarrempt k' Chollen took a half dozen of
the sheep and started bashing a couple holes in that
big rock in the center of the river.  This will anchor
the center supports for the bridge.

	After a couple of hours the big thunder
head was almost up to us and we could hear
thunder rumbling off the mountains.  It looked
like it would be bad blow.  Galendaar called them
all back from the rock and got everyone inside the
pallisade.

	When it came you could see the wind. The
squall line swept up the valley causing the trees to
bend and dance.  Then the rain and wind hit and
smashed into us.  I was holding on tight to the logs
and even then was nearly blown off the step.  The
wind was screaming around us and the rain was
being blasted horizontal.

	It had been so dry that for the first few
seconds there was more dust than water in the air
but it turned to mud soon enough.  Galendaar was
worried the goblins would attack so he sent every
man, the sheep included, to the walls to watch.
I had it pretty good being on the north west corner,
but  those on the south were completely blinded by
the wind.  Galendaar went over to help watch that
wall.

	I was getting pretty worried about the
scouts.  I mean, I'm sure that Ben will take that
Druid in a fair fight, but it probably won't be a
fair fight.  On the other hand it was only yesterday
that that Druid really messed up, so he and his
demon know we are alert.

	Any way 15 minutes later they all get
back.  I found I was actually surprised that they
were all alive.  They would have been back
sooner, but the Padrone got turned around by the
wind.  (I checked, and that druid was not involved
in picking the route home.)  In the rain, they had
come across a couple of goblins I heard later but
took them out with out trouble.

	Anyway after a while the wind died
down some, but the rain kept coming.  It was
surprisingly cold for this time of year.  We could
not see the edge of the woods, so the Padrone
kept us inside the fort or pallisade.  Then he got
the idea to put up a tall flag pole so it would be
easier for us to find the fort, so I got sent out
to find a tall sapling.  Merrick and Lance helped
to watch for trouble.

	When we got back we stayed on watch
since visibility was still bad.  That druid was in the
fort suppost to keep an eye out south, so he took
charge of getting a tarp and fire going so he would
be confortable.

	This is the day's kicker:  He says we
should drain the swamp south of the fort!  He
thinks we should dam half the river and dig this
ditch so that we can look for evil influences in
the bog.  The thing is, the big dam that the Thorsz
is building is going to flood the entire area in 6
months or a year.  That druid wanted all of the
sheep to work for a week (and exhaust
Galendaar casting spells to break up the river
bank and help dig the ditch).  Merrick said it best:

	"That will just distract us from
fulfilling our orders from the Thorasz!  We need to
build the bridges!  Let the garrison dig ditches, that
will be lake bottom in six months, if THEY want
to!"
	Then the Padrone said:

     "Pak, we are not here to drain anything." He
said in a tone that didn't brook interuption or
argument.  "We are here to build a bridge.  If the
Thorsz wants the swamp investigated, he will send
in a team equiped for the job.  For now, we are
going to get a good nights rest.  Tomorrow, we
work on the bridge.  The Palisade is strong enough
for now.  We have a roof over the inner keep.  If
we get any more luxuries, I'll begin to think we've
become civilians."

	Merrick practically broke out laughing
when he heard that.  (I heard all about this from
Merrick later.)

	Well I need to get some sleep. I'm on
second watch with that druid so I need to be
twice as careful.