(TFT) Starting $ for characters

You know what?

I just finished tearing thru the books and I realized I can't
remember how we used to calculate starting money for
new characters in the party.
(shows how long it's been since I ran a "real" TFT game, eh?)

For Melee and Wizard we just equiped ourselves and had at it
but how do we derive starting $ to buy stuff with when we use ITL?
I'm thinking about letting them roll 6 weeks pay at a selected job
or should I just assign them say 20-30 silver times their best attribute?
ex/ St-13 x 30 silver = $390 for starting out.

any suggestions as I really can't remember what we used to do.
I guess I've been playing the LARP FFTS rules for too long now.

Mack Brewer
(perplexed)