Re: (TFT) Blow away items

>You guys (from Rick's game) keep using the phrase
>"Blow Away item" in reference to missile (and missile spell?)
>defence. I understand the general term but could you
>clarify it for me with actual examples and costs for
>these nice to have items?
>If it's something like a self-powered reverse missiles
>then I don't see how most characters could ever aford it,
>and if it's not self-powered or always on then it seems
>less than effective, especially if surprised. You'd be
>pincushioned before you could ever activate it.
>
>Please help a poor confused player & GM.

    The phrase is exactly descriptive.  A blow away item contains a wind
spirit.  It "blows away" so that they automatically miss the first X
physical missiles that try to hit the character.  Thus someone with a blow
away two item is immune to any single archer.  Of course, some arrows or
thrown weapons can be made with immunity to this.  No protection is perfect,
it seems.  I believe the rule of 5 applies, so it will only blow away a max
of 5 arrows, or whatevers.
    Rick can fill in the details, but that is the basics.