(TFT) TFT: Thrown Weapons

Stan writes . . .

>  Thrown weapon talent lets you ready and throw a weapon all
>in one turn.  It seems that the normal sequence of events
>would be ready, throw.  But, as a clever player pointed out
>this weekend, what if his character already has a throwing
>axe ready at the beginning of a round?  Obviously he can
>throw that axe and then ready another one all in a single
>action.

   Take a look at how The Blue Raja in "Mystery Men" throws cutlery.  His
forks and spoons are readied and thrown in one smooth action -- especially
after training from the guy who cuts guns in half -- and that's how I've
imagined Thrown Weapons working in TFT.  To me it doesn't make sense to
reverse that action and say that you can instead throw and then ready.
   I have a blademaster character who fights with large knives (1+1).  He
would /love/ to be able to throw then ready in one turn so that he'd have a
ready weapon next turn in case of melee combat.  Unfotunately it doesn't
work that way in real life.

>A quick question about enchantments:  AW states that an
>apprentice provides no more than 25 ST per day.  The
>enchantment examples seem to imply that each wizard
>involved also provides 25 ST per day.  That being the
>case, is there any practical difference between an
>enchantment that requires, say,  160 ST per day
>(glamour) and one that requires 175 ST per day (dispel
>illusions)?  In either case you need a wizard and six
>apprentices, correct?

   There is a practical difference between 160 and 175, at least in my
campaign.  A character could use that extra 15 ST on the last day . . .

Fatigue and Long-Term Tasks
   When performing long term actions - such as working a
job, making and recharging magic items, and healing other
figures - a character may expend a maximum of 25 ST per
day.  So a wizard with the Heal and Weapon/Armor Enchant-
ment spells could (for example) spend 5 ST to heal 1 hit
of damage and have 20 ST left for making a magic item; or
he could heal 5 hits and have nothing left.
   Certain spells, such as Summon Demon, have a very high
ST cost.  Wizards can hire apprentices on an hourly basis
for this ST, but a typical NPC apprentice cannot deliver
more than 10 ST at a time via an Aid spell (unless you're
willing to generate the character randomly from The Appren-
tice Exchange, in which case use his actual ST).  This ST
also counts against the daily 25 ST limit.
   One useful exception to this 25 ST limit is a strength
battery.  Characters with a charged ST battery can exceed
this limit by draining it, but then the battery has to be
recharged before this can be done again.
   The only other exception is spells cast while in combat.
Just to keep things simple, ST used in any dangerous situa-
tion never counts against your 25 ST limit for long-term
actions.

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
Taco Bell: Good food, false advertising, chintzy portions, criminal staff