(TFT) TFT: Siege Weapons

Stan writes . . .

>Well, these sorts of things are perhaps a bit beyond the
>scope of "normal" TFT, meaning they require some special
>rules.  And of course they're really for seige warfare;
>you may just want to refer to AD&D or C&S for rules on
>how long it takes to batter down walls.  But anyway here's
>some suggestions:

   Good stuff here, Stan . . .  worth hanging on to.  Thanks for the info.
8^)

Nils writes . . .

>I support the draw-and-throw in one turn special trick. You
>can add rules for heavy items, such as "must be in shield
>hand, limit of 3". If you are engaged you might have to drop
>extras. When I was in US army basic, I had to wait for a
>"test" of guard duty. I spent a couple of minutes practicing
>speed loading. During the test I loaded in well under 2
>seconds, and the "scary guy" just left, with me saying
>"whadIdo wrong, whadIdo?" This was when I was an untrained
>newbie.

   I support it too.  My wizard Sorag would keep a handful of explosive gems
in one hand if it weren't for the fact -- as you mention -- that he would
have to drop them to free up both hands to cast his more powerful spells.
That's the way I play it as well.

   Here's a couple of new talents to play with.  They were originally
/spells/ in Interplay, but I thought they made more sense as talents,
especially after our discussion here about the Wizardry talent.

IQ 13 TALENTS
ENFORCE (2): Prerequisite: You must be a wizard.  This
   talent makes all images, illusions, and phantasms that
   the wizard creates harder to disbelieve - skeptical
   viewers must roll 4 dice against IQ to disbelieve them,
   not just 3.
      This talent is an advanced technique of the spell-
   casting "talent" which all wizards had to learn to
   become a wizard.  Naturally this talent (and others
   like it) only costs the listed number of IQ points
   for a wizard and is not doubled.  [David Doucette/IP1]

IQ 14 TALENTS
MULTIPLE CREATION (2): Prerequisite: You must be a wizard.
   This talent allows a wizard to create multiple un-
   connected objects or figures with any multi-hex creation
   spell (but not summon spells).  (Normally a wizard
   cannot create more than one object with a single spell.)
   So a wizard with 7-Hex Illusion and this talent could
   create 7 myrmidons, 2 giants, 3 horses, or any combi-
   nation of things up to 7 total hexes.  The same wizard
   with 7-Hex Wall could create a length of wall with a
   1-hex gap in the middle, etc.  All things created must
   be identical, and the total number of objects cannot
   exceed the number of hexes of the creation spell, no
   matter how small they are.  [David Doucette/IP1]

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
Taco Bell: Good food, false advertising, chintzy portions, criminal staff