(TFT) Re: Magic-related talents

Dave Seagraves wrote:
> IQ 14 TALENTS
> MULTIPLE CREATION (2): Prerequisite: You must be a wizard.
>    This talent allows a wizard to create multiple un-
>    connected objects or figures with any multi-hex creation
>    spell (but not summon spells).  (Normally a wizard
>    cannot create more than one object with a single spell.)
>    So a wizard with 7-Hex Illusion and this talent could
>    create 7 myrmidons, 2 giants, 3 horses, or any combi-
>    nation of things up to 7 total hexes.  The same wizard
>    with 7-Hex Wall could create a length of wall with a
>    1-hex gap in the middle, etc.  All things created must
>    be identical, and the total number of objects cannot
>    exceed the number of hexes of the creation spell, no
>    matter how small they are.  [David Doucette/IP1]

I think this idea of talents that let you apply your spells
more flexibly is excellent!

Allow me to suggest:

IQ 15 Talent
  Precision Creation (2): Prerequisite: be a wizard
     This talent allows a finer degree of control over
   creation and "megahex" spells.  Basically, while the
   volume or area of affect can not be increased, it can
   be selectively decreased.  Megahex spells can be cast
   to cover part of a megahex, Create Wall can be reduced
   to just create a 5' parapet for firing over, or Shadow
   created in a hex 4' off the ground (to disorient the
   one upon which it is cast, while not concealing his
   lower body from outside attacks).

Or is that too powerful?  It would be quite useful, I'm
sure.  Just being able to put up a slippery floor only in
the hexes around you would be a big benefit.  Also, it's
interesting that Create Fire *already* works this way.
You can create a match flame if you want.  But apparently
with create wall, you always have to create the same ol'
boring hex-wide 3-meter pillar.