(TFT) TFT: Diamonds

Stan writes . . .

>Allow me to suggest:
>
>IQ 15 Talent
>  Precision Creation (2): Prerequisite: be a wizard
(snip, snip, snip, my little ship)

   Hey!  That's a good one too.  I'll add it to my TFT Rules Addendum file
(16 pages and growing).  Naturally your name goes in the [brackets].
   I wonder what other rules we can "break."  8^)

>  Of course, there are those who say that gunpowder really
>is cheap, but the wizards and chemists are in cahoots to
>jack up the price so much that it's out of reach of the
>"common man".  These rabble-rousers inevitably claim that
>the "sulfur-metabolizing microorganism" supposed to be
>such a problem for gunpowder is a fiction; that such a
>thing would wreak havoc with the entire ecosystem were it
>actually to exist, and anyway why can't Cleansing spells
>kill it as easily as any other microorganism?

   Good point.  I wonder if Steve thought of using Cleansing in that way.
   (By the way, in real life /diamonds/ are hideously overvalued compared to
their rarity and how much it takes to pull them out of the ground.  In
reality the colored gemstones -- rubys, emeralds, etc. -- are much more rare
than diamonds are.  The DeBeers cartel controls the majority of the world's
diamond supply, and they keep prices high while fooling people with "A
diamond is forever" commercials.  Instead of a diamond I bought my wife an
opal wedding ring, and we also have matching titanium wedding bands.  Now
titanium -- /that's/ forever!)

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
Taco Bell: Good food, chintzy portions, false advertising, criminal staff