(TFT) Sleeping in Armor

From: "grabowski" <grabowski@erols.com>
Subject: (TFT) Encumbrance
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 23:31:28 -0400

I still think that weight/encumbrance should be the main reason for any DX minus' in TFT and not armor. This just comes from personal experience of wearing armor almost daily. Hint: Wear the quilted coats of canvas in the winter and never wear metal armor in the sun. Can you say cooked! I knew ya could!!!!

Yours in Cidri,
Justin

This just reminded me of a gripe I have as GameMaster. My players would be awaken from a surprise raid on their campgrounds and they always assume that they were in full armor upon waking, ready to fight. Don't these people bath or sleep in blankets other than chainmail ones?.

They usually don't wear their plate to sleep.

For you guys that have experience in this, would you sleep all night for a week in your leather or chain armor? What would this do in terms of body fatigue or chafing or bruising, etc?

Hail Melee,
John Paul