(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V1 #260

I liked reading Jeff Mays shield ideas. I was once on a live-action
battlefield and saw a new unit of big-shield guys. I thought they
were kind of snotty, since they were waiting too long to get into
action. When they finally did, they gave a battle call (which sounded
like "moo" to me) and at least 3 of them promptly fell on their faces.
It made my day.

Does anyone recall Melee articles on the macedonian phalanx in a magazine
from 1979? I remember the lance was about 5 hexes long, but forget the
shields.

nils