Re: (TFT) Explosive Gems

On 10/22/99 19:34:44 you wrote:

>Hi, being new to the list, (but not to TFT) I had a question. The copy of AW
>I have doesn't give the costs or the fST required for explosive gems. Can
>anybody post what you use, as I'm trying to write up an adventure that hinges
>around them, and for now I've been just guessing.

In his errata & designer's notes article in TSG, Steve Jackson notes the
absence of this information and says that 5 fST per die of damage would be
reasonable.  He sounds kind of hesitant about it, though.  Personally, I
think that's too cheap.  I increase the per-die cost by one for each die
after the first (i.e., total cost is 5, 11, 18, 26, 35, 45, 56, etc.)

> BTW, it's really good to
>see a bunch of people who play my favorite game. I wore out my first copies
>of Melee/Wizard and DT, DT2, playing them over and over, especially on long
>road trips as a kid.

Yep, I'd say you've come to the right place. :)