(TFT) GM Tale

David writes . . .

>     "Ha!  I got a 22 Dex."  Said Joel to Edd.  "Move
>over."

   Heh . . .  that sounds like a Ninja Hero playtest campaign I was in long
ago.  After we had all designed characters Ken Scott (playing the
Swordmaster's Student) announced, "I purposely took a Dex of 21 (paying
double for it) just to go before all you weenies who took a Dex of 20."  He
was right . . .  most of us /had/ taken a 20 Dex, including my own
character.

   Come to think of it he did the same kind of thing in an even earlier SGI
Superagents (Hero System) campaign.  He was playing Troy Johnston, a former
running back who had played for Rice.  He boasted, "I'm the fastest guy on
the team . . .  no one can outrun me."  I looked at his character sheet and
said, "You only have a Speed of 3.  Mine's a /4/ and I have 7 inches of
Running for 28 inches of movement a turn . . .  I'm actually faster than
you."
   He looked very annoyed, grabbed his character sheet and a pencil, and
quickly spent some experience points to buy up his Running.  "There!  /Now/
I'm faster than you!"  He was a Pro From Dover if there ever was one.  8^)

   David, thanks for that writeup from the GM's point of view.  Very funny,
and all too true in representing how cheesy players can get in a roleplaying
game.  8^)

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
Taco Bell: Now in their 9th big year of screwing their customers!