(TFT) nitpicking

Now here's a funny thing - been up ta tha library, as I'm showing my
daughter all the funny critters in the garden (cockroachs, snails, hairy
caterpillars, butterflies, spiders etc.) and I've never known much about
insects so I get out a book about them and find out that order hymenoptera
is actually ants/bees/wasps, whereas bugs are hemiptera, while beetles are
coleoptera. So my frst instinct was that Hymenopterans should have been
Hemipterans, but then again, a social insect with differentiation of roles
in the colony fits nicely into hyumenoptera so I guess SJ got it right after

But I did find out a big difference between bugs and beetles (at least of
monster-designing GMs that is.) - beetles have mandibles where as bugs have
injecty-proboscis type things which they peirce vicitms and inject nasty
enzymes...
cool ain't it?
 yrs entomologically
Cas