RE: (TFT) Suggestion: Break Weapon item and immunity.

   Does the wizard get to include up to 25 ST of his own?
I read the example before the weekly costs tables for
creating magic items in Ad. Wizard, and got confused about
that. If he does, he'd need to hire only 7 apprentices for
the above ST/day, and that would cost only $350, rather
than $400. To use up $400 on ST would mean a per-day ST cost
somewhere in the range 201 to 225 (including the wizard's
own contribution).

Mark,

  Yes.

LOL. Sorry I couldn't resist. There are several questions in there. But no, your mostly right. I picked up that this was your key question in the original post. Hence the reason I didn't just suggest a higher price but broke it down. But to elaborate a little... The wizard does get to include himself for 25 ST a day. And he does need to hire 7 apprentices. But the cost per day for this is still $400. Sure the wizard only pays $350 but he pays for his own food and upkeep as well. I guess the whole thing becomes clearer if you look at it from this perspective. The Lead enchanting wizard is almost never the paying customer himself. He is usually being hired to make an item for someone else. When one looks at the cost of making a magic item from the perspective of the wizard himself questions do arise like 'why am I paying this $50 if I'm doing the work.'

  David Michael Grouchy II