RE: (TFT) Protoceratops and the Legend of the Griffin?

Hi all,
	I've always wondered how much legend was generated
by fossils.  I mean, you travel to a strange place and
see some giant fossil.  You could come home and say,
"I saw some half buried bone and it was big, very big,
BIG (wave hands some) really VERY big..."

	Or you could say something like, "And then there
was this giant, its little toe was half again as long
as you forearm!"

	I mean, neither story is likely to be believed but
I know which version was done by the better storyteller.

	You don't even need a traveler wanting to honestly
report on what they saw, people would want to hang a
story on the local giant bones.

	Rick