RE: (TFT) Staff spell? --> Wizard vs. Fighter balance

>All,
>	A couple of questions about the Staff spell as used by wizards with
>fighter tendencies:
>
>1) If a wizard learns the Quarterstaff talent, then casts Staff on his
>quarterstaff, does he do:
>
>a) 1D damage, per the spell
>b) 1D+2 damage, per the talent (this is what I think)
>c) 2D+2 damage, the sum of the two ?

	In the Codex, it specifically allows c).
Yes it is powerful, and a fair number of wizards
(if they are strong enough) do spend double
memory for the Quarterstaff talent in my campaign.

	However, where does this end?  Staff nunchuks,
staff spears, staff maces?  Would it not be logical
to rule that ANY largely wooden weapon can be boosted
for +1 die of damage by casting a staff on it?

	Basically, the above uses are fine except
that it makes wizards pretty kick ass fighters.
Yes they do have to spend double for the
appropriate talents and take the Staff spell (so
they are paying for that extra die of damage)
but are they paying enough?  Probably not, but
no easy way to fix with out making special rules.

>...2) If a wizard learns the Bow Weapons talent, ... staff arrows...

	I would disallow this for two reasons:  first
I would rule that the wizard is willingly giving
the arrow to the target so it would not go off.
Second I only allow a wizard one staff in any case.

	Rick