Re: (TFT) Critical Spell Failures

> I have never seen it done well - and that includes my own attempts at
> producing fumble rules (both magical and non-). It's really hard to get
the "right"
> number of fumbles, using the usual game mechanics and applying them to
routine
> tasks. IME most such rules have fumble-events occuring far too often, and
the
> very few that that have them occuring too rarely are so awkward that one
might
> as well "round to zero" and not bother with *any* fumbles.

Actually, I think my H3 system could handle this but as we discovered, the
curves are kinda steep.  I think I have a way to mitigate this, but its not
very
clean - there's only so much you can do with six-siders.

( if you arent familiar with the system Im talking about - look at the July
2000 archives under "Crunching the Numbers" )

Dan