Re: (TFT) So what the heck is Cidri anyway?

PvK wrote, in part:

<<Maybe Cidri is actually more than one planet, connected by gates, but no
one can tell (unless maybe they are geniuses, study astrology a lot and
take gates that pass between the worlds. But then, who could tell they
weren't just nuts?). That would allow GM's to have worlds "on Cidri" with
curvature effects or other deviations. Or for people to think they were
"on Cidri".>>

I like this idea.  Sailors, or even hikers, could suddenly see the sun change color, gravity change, anything.

Maybe Cidri was made by modifying a world in another cosmos, one where gravity is even weaker than it is in our own.  A much larger planet would only exert one gee of pull.  Even wilder: they set up a ludicrously high-tech artifact that weakens the force of gravity.  If it's ever switched off, Cidri's gravity will suddenly kill every person in the world.  Imagine a scenario in which our heroes must prevent a psychotic villain from squashing everyone into pancakes.

--Scott