(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #959

Hi everyone,
      I just established a Yahoo group (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/
group/TFT-JME/) where I'm posting pdf's of my own edited, extended
and house-ruled version of TFT. The core of the game (90%+) is either
a direct transcription of the original rules, or simply additions to
the original rules (i.e., new beasts, monsters, weapons and talents).
However, it has been extensively re-organized to pull together
information on related subjects, omit duplications, etc. And, I've
reformatted so that chapter headings, sub-headings etc. are uniform,
the font is quite a bit bigger and easier to read, etc. The artwork
is all from the original, plus a few additions from 1st edition AD+D
to flesh things out (especially the beastiary). Finally, I have added
or modified a few core rules; I don't think I went overboard anywhere
and believe it is essentially the same game. But, you will notice
changes. Most noticeably, I tried to rationalize the wild tangle of
DX modifiers so that things about you modify your DX and things about
the task you are attempting modify the number of dice you roll. That
seemed to me to be the spirit of the system, but the original has
lots of confusing and arbitrary exceptions. I also re-made all the
covers - the one thing about the original that I just hated.  I used
Frazetta art that most gamers will dig.

The idea is for people who like it to download the files to print and
use on their own. Because this material belongs to Metagaming (and,
in spirit, to the author, Steve Jackson), I have kept the membership
closed and will insist that anyone wishing to join the group send me
a note confirming that they will download the material only for their
personal use.

Finally, the files posted to date cover Advanced Melee, ITL, the
Beastiary and all the Talents and Jobs (I really, really expanded
both). It will take me another week to get Advanced Wizard and the
Spells posted - mostly because I don't have a copy of AW with
extractable text (help, anyone...?). But, it is just about ready to
go regardless. Finally, all the Cidri-specific stuff will get bunged
together into one volume, likely 2-3 weeks from now.

Good gaming, and let me know what you think.

John