Re: (TFT) My Thoughts on TFT as RPG

How y'all are Mr. Roath?

 An RPG
>    is nothing more than advanced pretending, like playing cops and
> robbers, or army when you
>    were a kid.  Some roleplayers and GMs are more sophisticated
> than others, or have differing
>    styles, but the main focus is to forget the real world and real
> problems for a little while and have fun.

Well put, and I'd say the "Rules" are the arbiter for deciding disputes about things like "Bang! Your dead!"
"Nuh uh! You missed!"

>       I have played many diferent so called RPGs, and the system of
> the game never mattered
>    as much as how well the GM was able to make his world come to
> life in my imagination.

I make Players GM their own property.
As a Figure gets wealthy, word gets around.
Give 'em enough coin and they dig their own dungons.
Functional ones.

I think Scorsase was saying that the last temptation was to be normal.

I have neither the intrest, nor time to heard a flock of sheep.

You had fun? Great! Go make your own world, I wanna play too.

Jay