Re: (TFT) Playing with a web site...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Walters"

There are two primary problems. First, as your content gets larger and larger, the page will take longer and longer to load.

I understand this a little bit (42 years old this month and grew up with 'old school' computers? microprocessors) but the modern stuff makes me think that I'd have a hard time of it to exceed current "specs" tying the TFT ruleset into such a tree as it exists in a vastly text form. Not that I'm trying to rattle anybodies "legal" cage here, but a whole LOT of copyright law resides on the format. I'm not saying, I'm just saying... SJ can't stop me from the concept of ST, DX and IQ (a concept I FREQUENTLY have to sell to D&Ders).
1 + 1 = 2 isn't 'patentable'.
FARK U Gene tech people... a living off of "work" is fair, a mint is NOT!
If there were an actual "free market" then I might give "capitalism" a benifit of the doubt... but there is no free market.

Second, as you've already seen, javascript support isn't universal across browsers.

TELL ME!
I had to boot the god damn M$ IE to engage an FTP upload to my pitiful ISP because it won't recognise my Chrome browser. If Java wasn't so bloody USEFUL I'd try and pick a more "durable format" (what the frack will people be reading as a "page" several generations from now? Sagans multi-dimensional pages?) No kids for Jay, so unless I figure out how to carve my work into stone I'll leave no lasting mark...

It looks nice, though. Very organized.

I wish I could claim some kind of great idea here but it's really just a mind map thing.
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
All inclusive means tooting the horns of EVERYBODY involved... even if they don't know that their work is helping you...