(TFT) Jay get's intrested in the "Bridge of Khazad-Dum" scenario by Mr. Miller while worring about the east coast TFT'ers

On Monday, September 5, 2011, Joel wrote:
> I dont think the issue of the huge whip being used by the balrog is an
> issue, because you have to take into account that the whip might be a
> magical creation that came along with the balrog, and also the balrog is
> great in proportion to the humanoid, so therefore so should the whip. As a
> matter of fact, i believe the whip could half been bigger if not for the
> confined spaces of the dungeon area

I hear you Sir.
I'm not trying to claim correctness so much as trying to express my "vision"
of a Balrog and its equipment.
I think the game tools can be helpful in expressing differing "ideas" which
is more important to my view than trying to create a definitive Balrog.
I need to know how I see it in order to communicate that to my players.
If I do a bad job of that then awkward play situations can ensue I've found.
A whip is a specifically weird "weapon" as its designed for pain rather than
actual wounding.
To bring a whip into deadly combat requires some understanding in how to
"see" it IMO.
This is a weapon that I have little knowledge of, I own one but can hardly
be said to practice with it, much less understand its functions as a tool.
But what little I do know suggests to me that the thing should be of larger
scale if the Rog uses it to actually herd Orcs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y

Not "Fifteen Birds" but still... and a good explanation for the whip on
Leaders of the darklords forces nie?