Re: (TFT) Rewrite of Melee simulator in JavaScript

The reason seems to me that 1d+2 is off the usual ST/damage formula.

Advanced Melee and ITL both show spears as 1d+1 two-handed, or 1d one-handed, which fits the expected damage curve.

Of course, AM/ITL also does have Naginata at ST 10 1d+2, two-handed, can't be thrown, higher weight and cost, but it requires a special talent and a GM who doesn't mind a Japanese weapon. But there are also several other talents in ITL which give marked advantages over generic Melee fighters.