Re: (TFT) How much to hire a greenie, militia man, merc, seasoned merc?

>I have both basic melee, and advanced melee, and In the Labyrinth
>
>I just taught my wife to play melee. Wed each get 'x' dollars to purchase a
>small troop.  Id like to get her to build a small troop of units. For basic
>Melee, Im trying to put costs on units. has any one done anything like
>this? Maybe even costs of renting soldiers from the local merc guild.
>
>How much to hire a greenie right out of boot camp (20pt), militia man(24),
>mercenary(28), seasoned merc(32)?

Well In the Labyrinth has a table of jobs that shows the pay for mercenaries,
you could pro-rate for various attribute levels from there.  BTW, I hope that
the attribute totals you're citing above are just for ST and DX.  A 20 pt. ITL
character with minimum human IQ would have a ST and DX of six.  I mean, you're
talking prootwaddle at that point.

>After I get her use to melee I'm going to introduce her to Wizard. Then
>I'll need costs of renting wizards at similiar levels. Has anyone done
>anything line this? Do you charge by IQ point? and by experience points?

ITL takes the philosophy that a hero of x points is basically the same as a
wizard of x points.  Just check the pay scale for mercenary wizards in ITL;
mercenary wizards make about the same as mercenary fighters of the same
point totals.

It makes sense in terms of the player characters, where one can freely choose
to be a wizard or not.  I'm not so sure that it makes sense in terms of the
world as a whole, where probably 90% of the population is never going to get
a chance to go to school to learn anything, let alone how to use magic.