Re: (TFT) How much to hire, etc.

>>I have both basic melee, and advanced melee, and In the Labyrinth
>>
>>I just taught my wife to play melee. Wed each get 'x' dollars to purchase
>>small troop.  Id like to get her to build a small troop of units. For
basic
>>Melee, Im trying to put costs on units. has any one done anything like
>>this? Maybe even costs of renting soldiers from the local merc guild.
>>
>>How much to hire a greenie right out of boot camp (20pt), militia man(24),
>>mercenary(28), seasoned merc(32)?
>>
>>After I get her use to melee I'm going to introduce her to Wizard. Then
>>I'll need costs of renting wizards at similiar levels. Has anyone done
>>anything line this? Do you charge by IQ point? and by experience points?

I'd suggest you use the experience point chart from
ITL to figure out "fair" costs for these troops.
Note that the chart is based on all 3 attributes and not
just the ST and DX used in Melee.

Attribute  Xp Pts   Proposed cost
Level:     Needed:  for each pt:  Troop class:
   - 36    125      1             Green
                                  buy as many as you want
37 - 40    250      1.5           Regulars
                                  1/2 number of Green(max)
41 - 45    1000     2             Veterans
                                  1/2 number of Regular(max)
46 - 50    3000     2.5           Elites/Leaders
                                  1/2 number of Veteran(max)
51 - 55    5000     3             "     "

Ex/ You want to create a 43pt veteran "Sgt" for your unit
so you pay:
36(for the first 36 attribute pts)
+6(4 x 1.5 for pts 37-40), and
+6(3 x 2 for pts 41-43)
for a total cost of 48 pts. (5 pts spent to boost his
initial stats well above normal)

This lets you start off with "veteran" troops or a
good leader or two but makes you pay a "premium" for
the privelege.(spelling?)
Trust me, there is a HUGE difference in combat ability
gained for the extra points, just in defensive/offensive
skills alone, not counting the higher hit probability
they'll get for their improved Dx.
...and paying extra for higher than normal starting stats
should keep you from just creating a few supermen/women
and unbalancing your campaign.

my 2 cents worth anyways.

Mack Brewer