(TFT) MapperEncounter program

Hi. I was inspired by freemapper to do an encouter/dungeon/adventure mapping program.

Currently you'll see a hex sheet. You can make the hexes bigger and smaller by (strangely enough) clicking bigger and smaller. You can also stretch the main window to give you a bigger field of hexes. You can fill in the hex colors by clicking on a terrain type and you will get those colored hexes. You can map out a dungeon with black and white hexes, and throw the colors in there to indicate levels of dungeon. You can also fill in large areas of hexes in a single color. Currently you can fill in up to 500 hexes.

You can print but, you have to fudge it alittle. You have to click on the title bar and hit print screen. this will give you an image that you can paste in MS Paint. I will be adding in the print feature as soon as I figure out how to :) Ive written this in VB 6.0 and I am using the Winapi calls to do the filled polygons. My next step is to put in more robust terrain features: markers for cities, villages, ruins. I also intend on keeping tabs on population in cities, generate random stores in cities, and trade values.

I want to build it up to some sort of war game. We'll have to see how it goes. On a smaller scale, Ive put the winsock(thats internet multi player capability) into 2 different other programs Ive done. I can do it easily here too. I did it for a champions combat program, and a collectible card game multi player.

oh! by the way. I already used it for myself this weekend. I built a dungeon for my wife to play. She bought a house from a bard, who bought it from a dwarven miner prevously. Under her house, she found a secret dungeon that the dwarf had been doing his mining in. Admittednly i had to do some cut and paste with MS paint and lots of scotchtaping. But, it was fun :)

I need 2 volunteers:
I need some one to volunteer to do the encounter tables for cities, wilderness, and dungeon First. any one want to volunteer?

The other guy, or gal, if you know VB,winapi, or MSVC programming, I need to know how to pass the painted device context to something in MSVC to print thru the program instead of cutting and pasting thru MS paint

The first-look-see-try-out version is here:

 http://www.egroups.com/docvault/tft-encounters/MapperEnc1.zip

any interest in a web page to help make up TFT characters?