(TFT) TFT: Break Weapon

Dan writes . . .

>I think this is correct - giving Wizards the ability to break
>a fighter's weapon would put fighters more at a disadvantage
>than they already are.  But I believe there's a way to remedy
>this, however.  Make the Break Weapon spell work by Touch.
>Any magic weapon with such a spell could have a chance to break
>an opponents weapon on a successful parry and you could even
>give a saving throw (perhaps the ST required to yield it) to
>the opposing weapon.

   I think weakening the Break Weapon spell wouldn't help fighters at all,
especially with spells like Sleep and Freeze still around.  Come to think of
it, I've never seen a player's character take Break Weapon.  I'd rather put
a bad guy to sleep than simply have them pull out another weapon and keep
attacking, or (possibly worse) pull out a knife and jump me in hand-to-hand!
   Interesting idea about breaking on a parry, but I'm not sure I want to go
that way.  Then you need rules to determine when a weapon-to-weapon parry
has occurred.  Is there any precedent for this in the rules?
   Dan, I probably won't use it, but I really like the mechanic for using
the ST Min of a weapon as a saving throw.  Reasonably realistic without
being unplayable.

   Questions for everyone: How much damage does a cesti do in normal (i.e.
non-HtH) combat?  Can cesti damage be combined with an Unarmed Combat damage
bonus?  I've looked through the rules but all I get is "Answer Unclear, Try
Again."
   My best guess: A cesti does ST damage plus 3 (just like a club) wherever
you use it, and you /can/ add in UC damage.  To some this might sound like a
little too much damage, but an average-strength NPC soldier (probably ST 11)
does only 1+1 with one, and he can't grab, throw, or pin opponents while
wearing it.

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
Taco Bell: More honest than Clinton (but that's not saying much).