Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V1 #320

In a message dated 2/18/00 5:39:32 PM !!!First Boot!!!, nh0g+@andrew.cmu.edu
writes:

<< An understanding GM could let swords be used in HTH with a minus to hit
 according to excess length. I would rate _all_ of them at only dagger
 damage, because you can't swing freely. Maybe minus one damage. If the
 monster can only be killed by magic weapons, and the only one you have
 is a sword you will want to use it, even with the minuses. >>

but then why did the Romans issue their Legionaries a Pugio (dagger) as well
as a Gladius (short sword)?. And speaking of Romans how can I legally model
one (Scutum (shield), Pugio, Gladius, Pilum (Javelin), when the rules say one
can only carry a dagger and two weapons (which includes a shield)?