Re: [Re: (TFT) Preliminary thoughts:Adapting Runequest]

I don't know if any of you out there encountered this but my problem when I
was gamemastering TFT was I couldn't entice AD&D players to join because they
thought TFT characters were too weak in the sense that one good blow could
kill you -- unlike D&D where characters swagger around with scads of
hitpoints. One quick fix we tried was to multiply the ST by 5, but this caused
problems in terms of magic use. At the very least it complicated accounting in
what was supposed to be an elegant game system. Thoughts?