Re: (TFT) CIDRI: Bigger than da average bear

Dear Justin,

when i stated in the "unified Cidri" Proposal what i meant was the following:

- I totally agree with you that Cidri is a HUMONGOUS world, i think the
precise ITL description was "Cidri is BIG. No complete map of its surface
exists"
- ITL also stated that it has alternate worlds ... another point for
diversity of adventure ...

- Question: does this also mean that the metaphysics of one area or world
apply to another ?
    - Does this mean that the damage done by Great Sword in one world is 3D+1
and in another, it is say 2D ?
    - Does this mean that a fireball in one world does 1D-1 and in another
does 1D ?
    - some would say - of course not ... while others - why not ... still
some: sometimes or depends

- I do agree that in some areas of Cidri ...
    - metal is scarce (i.e., basis of Security Station Adventure) ... this is
due to the availability of the material ... geographic
    - in an alternate world, gravity may increase or decrease weapon damages
- all explainable
    - the fatigue to cast a spell in one particular area may be doubled in
cost due to a Mnoren artifact which makes spellcasting difficult ... all in
the story line

- what i have difficulty in agreeing with is ... say ... when there is a
breach on the Rule of Five (game balance)

- what works for one may not apply to the other ... house rules
    - please correct me if i am wrong, house rules are excemptions rather
than the rule ...
    - thus, when you look at it,  it really boils down to house rules ...
different house rules = different worlds ...

- AM, AW and ITL Rules were established precisely to give the metaphysical
bridge to all this diversity ... it bound the rules of what works and what
doesn't in Cidri ...

- TFT must have seemed encompassing in the 80's, but this has now been
rendered wanting and incomplete by the introduction of new thinking from the
group.
- the point here is not to curtail the diversity of adventure possibilities
- it is to determine what works or not in the vast expanse of Cidri ...
- it does not and should not break existing house rules, in fact it
strengthens it ... by sharing and documenting ideas
- in a way, it also succeeds in mapping some parts of Cidri ...
- what the unified Cidri Paper hopes to do is - bridge the old and the new
- i believe that this is already being done through the discussions over the
tft net ... it is just a matter of putting it now on paper.

sorry if i seem to sound like a broken record ...

hope that i did not step on someone's toes ... my sincerest and humblest
apologies if i did.

best regards,

Jaypus