-----Original Message-----
From: Dominic Desrosiers

Let's try this then, some more house rules for character creation and
development.

In this system characters start off with 32pts, then the progression goes
like this:
1-4:  125pts
5-8:  250pts
9-12: 500pts
13-16:1000pts
etc....

Skills:

Characters start with three skills of there choosing.  Thinking about
allowing an extra skill to start off with for every point of IQ above
8.

Additional skills must be purchased with experience points.  200pts
for a basic skill. More for advanced skills (Expert Swordsman, etc..)

As a GM I've gone over the available skills and made a judgement as to how
much they would cost and what training would be necessary, etc

For instance sword skill would cost 200 pts, with little or no training.
Expert sword skill cost 400pts, and requires a period of
some type of training. Master sword skill would cost 800pts and requires a
period of training with a Master Swordsman.

I've used different rules for UC which in the interest of brevity I won't go

into now.

Part of the reason for the new system is to give players something to spend
there points on besides attributes. I've been using the rules for a short
time only, we'll see how they play out...

Standing ny for potshots... :)