(TFT) Wizard's Guild Membership

2nd Try.

Subject:
        (TFT) TFT: Wizard's Guild Membership
   Date:
        Wed, 24 May 2000 11:13:58 -0400
   From:
        Thorn <edt@dopey.ne.mediaone.net>
     To:
        tft@brainiac.com

>     From: "Dave Seagraves" <dseagraves@austin.rr.com>
>   Has anyone actually given some thought to what benefit there is to being
> a member of the Wizard's Guild?  What good is it for a character to be a
> member?

<new to the list, Hi all!>

Dar Fannen, of the Wizard's Guild of Carnn, writes:

Mr. Seagraves, I exhort you, should you be of proper capacities, to make
haste to join what Guild you might, perhaps that in Carnn, should you be
in the vicinity.  The benefits are numerous, and should be plain, but I
shall elaborate.

Surely you would not be among the rabble of hedge wizardry, casting
untried spells that place at risk caster and commonfolk both.  With the
guidance of a Guild's masters, surely whatever mishaps may occur would
be failures of circumstance, and not of the caster.

The Guild would of course rise to your defense in such matters.  And of
course I am sure you are aware, in many areas, Carnn being one such, the
Guild enjoys Right of Guild Law, ensuring that wizards be tried in
matters of law by those best equipped to understand the situation;
namely, their peers.

As well, study and leisure both are best taken among those of similar
ability, and where else best to find the proper texts and equipments,
than a Guild?