Re: (TFT) trap-ridden dungeon

From: "Brennan O'Brien" <veilheim@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (TFT) trap-ridden dungeon

For what it's worth...

A few weeks ago, I started driving my players mad
using trap triggers with no associated traps.  Mostly
it gets them worried about what they don't know.

What you don't know can hurt you, and it scares you
when you don't know what you don't know...

I used a similar concept. In this building there was a 70 foot hall that went past the master's rooms to a door. I told the players that upon rounding the cornor and holding the lantern up they could look down the hall. 10 feet down the hall the ceiling had a row of spikes filling the ceiling farther than their light could see. They could just make out that it ended at some fancy doors on the side walls 40 feet away. Next to the doors were what appeared to be levers in the dim light.

Stumped the players for quite awhile. Needless to say, it was a fake trap that the master's had installed to keep inquisitive students from roaming their hall at night. Gone was the Alchemy school, but the rumored trap stayed.

Hail Melee

John Paul