Re: (TFT) Devil's Advocate

The system you are looking to design sounds very much like Tri-stats Demon city. Check out those related games. They are very good.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Patrick Keleher" <patkeleher@hotmail.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Devil's Advocate
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:25:11 EDT

From: Daniel Tulloh

If I were going to the design the ultimate TFT-like RPG, I think
I would want the following concepts:  (these havent been playtested,
Im just rattling them off of the top of my head)

    If I were to design the ultimate TFT-like game, I'd:
    1) Get rid of DX.  Replace it with Mind-Body Coordination, an average
of ST and IQ, with racial adjustments.
    2) Add Soul as an attribute.  This would govern magic use, and also
creative/artistic and social/religeous skills.  (This is based on my
personal philosophy that the spiritual combines creativity (emulating the
Creator) and connection (to God, a god, nature, or any social group).
    3) Totally revamp the magic system.  I prefer a system similar to that
used in Duel.
    But then the game wouldn't really be TFT, would it?
                                -- Pat