(TFT) weapon vulnerablilties

Dear Rick
I know one debatable one was 'Cold Iron' - I for one never exactly knew
what it meant (one could always make it a magical thing, say an alloy of
Iron and Ice or something)

Another idea from Manual of the Planes was that of astral creatures
inability to pass through living prime material matter, which was why some
houses were covered with vines on the outside which made it difficult for
extrplanar creatures to enter them immaterially.

Another idea is that of running water. One could speculate that vampire
tissue was made up of living cells that although are extremely resilient
and regenerative, aren't much good at holding the creature together, hence
running water's effectiveness in washing them away.

For creativity, I much prefered Lovecraft's kangaroo-like hopping ghasts
than the D&D ones which were little more than strong ghouls. I think
hopping creatures add a new demension to TFT combat not much explored as
yet.

Ghasts
ST:20-30                MA:12
DX:11-12              Armour:0
IQ:10
Ghasts are large (2-2.5 metre tall) hopping monstrosities that live
underground. They have an MA of 12 and can easily clear 1 or 2 hexes of
obstacles. Anything more ambitious, such as jumping over figures or 3 or 4
hexes, requires a 3 dice roll vs. DX. No-one is sure whether they are alive
or dead, but sunlight is harmful to them, doing 1 die damage per turn they
are exposed to it. They may  (1 in 6) also be encountered with spells (as
an IQ 10 wizard). They inflict 1+3 damage (2+2 in HTH).