(TFT) Monster Immunities

When I run Lycanthropes in TFT I give them half damage resistance. i.e. They take half damage from normal weapons. This makes them tougher without making them over strong.
I found that regeneration didn't help the monsters enough as they were hurt much faster than they could recover. I still use regeneration so if a critter gets away it can heal up and come looking for revenge.

Note, I don't tell my players that the critter is resisting their attacks, I love the sudden look of concern on their faces when they see a critter shrug off an attack that should have cut it in half and come back howling mad!

Sometimes I use this for other magical critters with a folklore reputation much tougher than their game stats.

Chris Nicole
The Whiskey & Brandy Page:    http://www.loran.karoo.net/cavy/
Home to Whiskey Pig & Brandy Brindle:   Little Furry Masters
SLAMMER - Fast Action SF Skirmish Rules: http://www.loran.karoo.net/slammer